Effective date: 05/26/2023
We use your personal information as this Privacy Statement describes. No matter where you are, where you live, or what your citizenship is, we provide the same high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world, regardless of their country of origin or location.
What information Improving Chess collects
Improving Chess collects information directly from you for your registration, payment, transactions, and user profile.
We also automatically collect from you your usage information, cookies, and device information, subject, where necessary, to your consent.
We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary from you, unless you choose to provide more.
We don’t knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we don’t collect Sensitive Personal Information.
How Improving Chess uses your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- We use your Registration Information to create your account and to provide you the Service.
- We use your Payment Information to provide you with the paid memberships, downloadable products, or any other paid service you request.
- We use your User Personal Information, specifically your username, to identify you on this website.
- We use your Profile Information to fill out your Account profile and to share that profile with other users if you ask us to.
- We use your email address to communicate with you, if you’ve said that’s okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay.
- We use User Personal Information to respond to support requests.
- We use User Personal Information and other data to make recommendations for you, such as to suggest learning materials.
- We may use User Personal Information to invite you to take part in surveys, beta programs, or other research projects, subject, where necessary, to your consent.
- We use Usage Information and Device Information to better understand how our Users use Improving Chess and to improve our Website and Service.
- We may use your User Personal Information if it is necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud or attempts to harm Improving Chess or our Users.
- We may use your User Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, protect our intellectual property, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- We limit our use of your User Personal Information to the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your User Personal Information for other purposes, we will ask your permission first.
How we share the information we collect
We may share your information with third parties under one of the following circumstances: with your consent, with our service providers, for security purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, or when there is a change of control or sale of corporate entities or business units.
We do not sell your personal information and we do not host advertising on this website.
Other important information
How you can access and control the information we collect
We provide ways for you to access, alter, or delete your personal information.
We only use strictly necessary cookies to provide, secure, and improve our service. We offer a page that makes this very transparent.
How Improving Chess secures your information
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information on Improving Chess and to protect the resilience of our servers.
Improving Chess’s global privacy practices
We provide the same high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world.
How we communicate with you
We communicate with you by email. You can control the way we contact you in your account settings, or by contacting us.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve a privacy concern quickly and thoroughly, we provide a path of dispute resolution.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement 30 days before any such changes become effective. You may also track changes in our Site Policy repository.
This Privacy Statement is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero license.
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about our Privacy Statement.